Monday, 5 September 2011

Restoring The Umma

Recently, on Blazing Cat Fur (see Alfred Hitchcock's WWII Documentary)  I commented:

"Unfortunately, the Political (or is it Polemic) Forecast for the Middle East has been Seasonally Adjusted.
Most recent prognostication is that Arab Spring may indeed be followed by Nuclear Winter.
For a regional update that reflects your country's future please contact you local Brotherhood weather bureau."

Below is a (Wikipedia) Gif showing the rise and Fall of the Ottoman Empire. 
I thought it would be helpful to take a look in history's mirror before we gaze into the oracle of our own future.

Click Image:


Remember when your mother told you ..."You should always be careful what you ask for because you just might get it".
Well, I wonder it the scirocco winds of Arab Spring are bringing the peoples of the middle east exactly what they asked for?
We have been bombarded with so much media showing Syrian, Egyptian, Algerian, Yemenite (and more) people crying out for "freedom" and "democracy".
However, in the light of the recent Muslim Brotherhood (in Egypt) and Al-Qaida (in Libya) commentary concerning the underpinning of their new states with Sharia Law, I have to wonder if these people have any idea what they were asking for in the first place?
Call me and Infidel Kaffir, and all, but it seems that these people are just setting themselves up for a change of uniform of the next "democratically elected" dictator.
What do I mean?
Well, with the exception of Israel, democracy hasn't really made much traction in the middle east, has it?
Don't get me wrong, I truly do believe that these people long for an end to their oppression.
But will they get it? ... I don't think so!
The reason is, of course, that hat these are all Muslim nations and the principals of Islam are in opposition to free thought and choice.
Furthermore, all Muslims have a duty to maintain and build the umma until Islam is the dominant religion (world wide).
Given the facts, I can understand how and what these oppressed peoples are going to "Get" but I also wonder if we (in the West) really "Get It" at all?
L.A. Fant




No comments:

Post a Comment