Friday, 4 January 2013

Bedtime Reading For Followers of the Straight Path

Beware Those Who Insult The Prophet
Gustakh Rasool, Ek kahani / Insult of Muhammad,
A Story Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah:

Muhammad said, “Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle (By his poetry)?” Bin Maslama said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Do you like me to kill him? Allow me to say a lie to deceive Kab. “
Muhammad replied in the affirmative. So, He went to Ka’b and said,, “That Muhammad demands Charity from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allah, you will get tired of him!” Bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be….”
….Bin Maslama went in together at night with two men, and said to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.”
Kab bin Al-Ashraf came.. to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Bin Maslama said. ” I have never smelt a better scent than this”…. Bin Maslama requested Ka’b “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Bin Maslama smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Bin Maslama got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to Muhammad and informed him…
(Sahih Bukhari, 3:45:687, 4:52:270+271, 5:59:369) 

No comments:

Post a Comment